This page describes the terms and conditions that govern your use of Global Christian News (GCN) digital properties, including globalchristiannews.org, mobile sites and applications, offered by Global Christian News (“GCN”, “us” or “we”).
INFORMATION THAT WE GATHER
The information gathered when you use Global Christian News falls into two categories: (i) Personal Information, which includes personal information you provide when you subscribe, complete a survey, register for an account or provide your email address and (ii) non-personal information collected through technology, which includes tracking information collected by Global Christian News, third parties and vendors.
Registration for Global Christian News account requires you to provide personal information including e-mail address and demographic information (gender, age, occupation and denomination).
User Generated Content
If you have registered for Global Christian News account, we will track and aggregate your activities on the Website. By participating in our Website, you elect to share and display those activities via our Website, and those activities may be included in RSS feeds, APIs and made available to other websites. Therefore, your activities on Global Christian News may appear in other websites, blogs, social media platforms or feeds. We are not responsible for any personal information you choose to make public, and you agree that such sharing will be deemed to have been done by you, not Global Christian News.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED USING TECHNOLOGY
Information Collected by Us Using Technology
We use various Internet technologies to manage our Website and track use of the Website. Non-personal information that we collect using these technologies may be combined with other information about you.
- Device Information: We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access Global Christian News website, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information.
- Cookies, Beacons, Local Storage and Other Similar Technologies: We use “cookies,” Web beacons, HTML5 local storage and other similar technologies. These technologies allow us to manage access to and use of the Website, recognize you and provide personalization, and help us understand how readers use the Website.
- Analytics Technologies: Global Christian News works with third parties to provide us information, reports and analysis about the usage, browsing patterns of readers of our website.
- IP Addresses: We may log your IP address. We use IP addresses for system administration and troubleshooting purposes and to track access and use of our website.
- Log Files and Your Reading History: We automatically log certain usage information about your use of Global Christian News website, including a reading history of the pages you view.
- Location Information: Our mobile applications can store your current location on your device, which will then be used by the app.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Some of the services included in Global Christian News, including on GlobalChristianNews.org and within our mobile apps, are delivered or served by third-party companies. These companies may place or recognize cookies, Web beacons or other technology to track certain non-personal information about our website users. In many cases, this information could be used to show you on other websites based on your interests.
- Your access to our websites should not be affected if you do not accept cookies served by third parties.
Here Is How We Use Your Information
- Statistical Analysis: We perform statistical and demographic analyses of readers of Global Christian News
- Email Newsletters: We will periodically send you email newsletters or promotional email about services offered by Global Christian News.
Here Is With Whom We Share Your Information
- Within Global Christian News: We may share your information with companies that are affiliated with us.
- Third Parties: If you have used Global Christian News, we will not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your email address or any information that personally identifies you without your permission.
- We reserve the right to disclose your opt-out information to third parties so they can suppress your name from future solicitations, in accordance with applicable laws. We may occasionally release personal information as required by law, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena.
- Email Newsletters: Global Christian News offers several email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter.
- HTML Email: When you sign up to receive email from us, you can select either plain text or HTML (with images) format. If you select the HTML format, we may place a one-pixel gif to determine whether or not readers viewed the email. This process does not leave any information on your computer, nor does it collect information from your computer.
- Emails From You: If you send us emails, you should be aware that information disclosed in emails may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or confidential information in emails. We will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
How to Access, Correct or Update Your Information
You may review and update your Global Christian News account information. There are a number of things you can do in the user profile through dashboard to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date. For one, you can update the information you provided during the registration process. If you do not remember your password, you can reset your password here. If you need further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We send push notifications, the delivery of information from a software application to your mobile device through services such as Apple’s Push Notification Service for iOS devices and Google’s CD2M and Cloud Messaging for Android devices. Both services are standard features of these mobile device operating systems. GCN manages access, use and disclosure of your personal data that results from your use of these services.
COMPLIANCE WITH LEGAL PROCESS
We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of Global Christian News website; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
Global Christian News does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13. Any information collected online by CT from children under 18 is used only for the purpose of delivering the requested service. Please instruct your children to ask you for permission before providing any information about themselves to GCN.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California “Shine The Light” law, California residents may opt-out of Global Christian News’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, you may choose to opt- out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non- marketing purposes, including but not limited to subscription management.
INTERNATIONAL SAFE HARBOR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY